Jesse Lingard: Manchester United have advised me to take time off for personal reasons, but I will always be professional

2022-09-17 0 By

Jesse Lingard says he remains committed to Manchester United after failing to pull off a move from Old Trafford in the January transfer window.Reports on the final day suggested the England international was unhappy that United had prevented him from leaving, with former loan clubs West Ham and Newcastle both interested.Reds manager Ralf Rangnick later said mason Greenwood’s arrest had helped lingard stay at United despite interest from other clubs. Rangnick confirmed lingard would take the weekend off and miss the FA Cup tie with Middlesbrough on Friday night, saying:”He asked me and the club if we could give him a few days off to clear his head and I think he will be back in the group, on Monday, back in training and then regular with the whole team again.”Lingard appeared to take issue with her boss’s words, Posting an update on social media.He wrote on Twitter: “The club has advised me to take time off for personal reasons!But my mind is clear that when I am asked, I will always be professional and give it my all.”Lingard, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has not had many chances so far, making just nine substitute appearances in the Premier League.He showed what he could do, scoring twice in just 89 minutes of play.The emergence of attacking stars such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba has stymied Lingard’s path to the first team and a number of teams are expected to try to sign the 29-year-old when his contract expires in the summer.